Saturday, February 7, 2009

Buying Books & Pre-release Preview

So I'm sort of a compulsive book buyer. I tend to buy new books before I finish the ones I have. I have yet to finish the five books I got for Christmas. I've finished one of them, and about halfway through another one. And yet, since then, I've bought six books. But to compare the read to not-yet-read ratio, I've finished one and haven't started the others yet. So that's 1 1/2:5 for the Christmas presents, and 1:6 for all the others. I have a feeling the 1:6 ratio will soon jump to 3:6 since I have two graphic novels to read.

That said, I just read the first chapter of a book not yet released. The book is Green by Ted Dekker. It goes with the Circle books. The first chapter is gripping and a great set up for whatever is about to happen. I can't wait to read the whole book.

No comments: