Monday, February 23, 2009

Another Preview

I just had a great opportunity to read the first four chapters of Ted Dekker's soon-to-be-released novel, BoneMan's Daughters. The setup is great, as usual for Dekker. I am excited to get my hands on a copy of this book. To summerize the description of the book:

It seems that the killer is the "perfect father looking for the perfect daughter." But who can meet such high expectations? When the victim fails, each of her bones are broken and she is left to die.
Our main character is a military intelligence officer named Ryan Evans, a man that put his job first at all cost, even his family. His wife and daughter don't even consider him a part of their lives.
But then the BoneMan takes another victim, Ryan's sixteen year old daughter. As Ryan goes after this killer, the FBI begins to believe that he is the BoneMan.

I'm sure this will be another hit from Dekker, full of twists and turns we never see coming.

Here's a list of the books I have now just waiting to be read.
Fiction, the love of my life . . .
Perelandra by C.S. Lewis (about half through)
That Hideous Strength also by Lewis (last of the space trilogy)
The Watchers by Mark Andrew Olsen (about fourth of the way through)
People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks (cover caught my eye while shopping at Sam's Club)

Then there's my two writing books . . .
Self-Editing for Fiction Writers (I'm about half through that one)
Plot and Structure (haven't even started it yet)

No comments: