Saturday, September 12, 2009

Timescape: Mr. Liparulo, you've done it again!

Okay, Mr. Liparulo, I know we talked about these cliff-hanger endings before, but here I am--yet again--desperately wanting to know what's going to happen next! Timescape was great, but I want to read the next one . . . now!

You started this book out with a bang--well, you usually start every book that way. This one had me getting frustrated at character’s stubbornness, and I’m sure you can guess who it might be. It had me yelling “DON’T GO IN THERE” several times, and even had me slamming the book down a few times . . . at least a few times more than the first three books of this series.

The intensity and mystery is building with each book, and I’m crazy curious to know how it ends. These may be considered “juvenile” fiction, and though I’m in my twenties, I’ve come to like getting inside the Kings kids minds and watching this adventure unfold. But I don’t want to wait until Whirlwind comes out. I know I’ll just get to the end and desperately want the sixth book of the series.

Each book ending of this Dreamhouse Kings Series is like the season finale of my favorite shows . . . CSI: Miami, NCIS, Burn Notice. There’s always that cliffhanger to keep you waiting and guessing until the next season begins. I want the new season to begin the moment I finish this one!

But alas, as I have said with your books, Eric Wilson’s books, Ted Dekker’s books . . . I will wait. And I will be as eager and excited (if not more so) to read it when the time comes. Just know, I’m tapping my fingers and humming the Jeopardy theme in hopes that it will somehow make the next book get into my hands that much quicker.

DJ

1 comment:

Robert Liparulo said...

Thanks for making my day, DJ. I love your reaction to Timescape--and the cliffhangers. Believe me, I understand. I'm not sure I'd be as patient as my readers are, if I didn't know what happened next.

I'm mapping out the next YA series (not Dreamhouse, but I'm hoping it's equally as fun), and I'm trying to structure it to avoid cliffhangers (at least ones as intense as those in Dreamhouse).

Don't worry, December will be here before you know it. It seems the release of these books have been clicking by a lot faster than I had anticipated.

Hope you like Whirlwind and Frenzy.

Enjoy the adventure!

Robert