Sunday, October 5, 2008

More Recent Reads

So I posted about Dekker's books that I've read recently. Now let me post about the other author I've been reading: Robert Liparulo.
I first read a Liparulo book in 2006. It was Comes a Horseman. The book blew me away.

A couple months ago, I got a hold of four more of his books. Each one was great.

Germ: This one is GOOD, but it's pretty discriptive. The first chapter alone had me cringing. I let a couple friends read that chapter, and they both went "Eww!" My boyfriend started reading it before I did, and he called me after that chapter just to ask if I was really going to read the book. If you can't handle gory descriptions, I don't recommend this book. If you can, however, this book is great.

Deadfall: I'm wanting to say this book is a more action-packed, hunter vs hunted version of Monster by Frank Peretti. It's a great book, and it's not AS graphic as Germ.

The Dreamhouse Kings series--
House of Dark Shadows: This one introduces you to the King family as they make the transition to their new, mysterious house.
Watcher in the Woods: You continue to learn about the family and their secrets, but you also learn about secrets of the house.
I'm looking forward to the next books in this young adult series.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm . . . sounds interesting. I'm not really into creepy/horror thrillers. I'm more for mystery, crime, or psychological thrillers. As long as it's suspense and has amazing characters. =D Unfortunately, though, I've not found any author who comes close to Sigmund Brouwer. You should add his western novel series to your reading list.

Do you read much historical fiction?