Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mr. Liparulo, you and your endings have done it again!




Imagine you have the ability to go into the past and change it. Imagine it was your calling in life. It seems to be the calling of the King family in the Dreamhouse Kings series by Robert Liparulo.

I’ve just finished book 5 of this 6 book series, and I wish I had book 6 right now so I could dive into it. Anyway . . . so about Whirlwind . . .

This book is properly named. From the moment I opened the cover and started the first chapter to continue the exhilarating quest with the King family, adrenaline has pumped through my veins. There is a whirlwind of adventure in those 310 pages. I’ve followed the Kings, hoped with them, wanted to scream for them, and cheered them on in their battles.

R.L. Stine’s endorsement of this series is fitting. As an elementary and middle school kid in the 90s, I was a fan of Goosebumps. The Dreamhouse Kings series has kept me on edge just as much as those books once did!

And then, there’s Mr. Liparulo’s endings. Yes, sir, I know we’ve talked about this before, but really? It just HAD to stop there? Now I’ve got to get Frenzy that much more. I’ve got to know what happens to Xander, Dae, Toria, Ed, Keal, Jesse, and even the evil Taksidian (who, by the way, in my head sounds like Scar from Lion King when I read his dialogue).

Will they find their mom? Will they change the past before it’s too late for the future? I guess I’ll have to get a copy of Frenzy soon and read it to find out.

I’m excited!

No comments: