Sunday, September 27, 2009

Prodigal Son

So I’ve never read anything by Koontz before, but have had him recommended. I never really knew where to start though. I got several opinions on that, but no one recommended the books I found at Wal*Mart: Dean Koontz’s Frankenstein. I read the back cover, and bought book one, Prodigal Son.

I finished Dekker’s Green, Liparulo’s Timescape, and then skipped Wendy Alec’s second book of The Chronicles of Brothers--I’ve waited so long for that book, I have to read the first again. But anyway, back to Frankenstein.

When I started the book, I only intended to read a few pages then go to bed. Yeah right. I read quite a few chapters, and didn't want to stop. Such a page turner!

Deucalion is my favorite character. Full of history and mystery. The whole story is intriguing, filled with great plot and characters. I love the good guys, and love to hate the bad guys.

And now I have the second book in hand. I am excited to get into it. Needless to say, Dean Koontz is now on my list of favorite authors.

No comments: